Creations by Lynn Weiss ~ Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

ENJOY ~ INSPIRE ~ CREATE ~ SHARE


Thursday, October 02, 2008

Happy Birthday Stampin' Up!

October of 1988 is when Stampin' Up was born, so that means they are celebrating their 20th anniversary! 1988 was a good year...it was also the year I became a mom for the first time. It's hard to believe my son is also 20! Time sure flies! Anyways...with October being SU!'s 20th anniversary they are having a special on 20% off select birthday stamps! Big Bold Birthday is included on that list, so I used it to make this cute (if I do say so myself!) birthday card.

I got my inspiration in several different places for this card. First, Beate had an awesome sketch challenge on her blog last weekend. I didn't get a chance to play along over the weekend, but wanted to give it a try using the Haiku papers anyways.
While visiting one of my favorite blogs, I saw that my friend Wendy used Beate's sketch along with Crazy for Cupcakes to create this adorable card. That's when I thought of using the cupcake from Big Bold Birthday along with Beate's sketch.

So, I knew which set, papers and sketch I was going to use, but I also wanted a fun & festive color combo to use with the Haiku papers so I flipped through the catalog for further inspiration. On page 61 there were some projects showcasing the Pun Fun set that used Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, So Saffron & Kiwi Kiss...perfect! Funny how these things evolve sometime, isn't it?

5 comments:

Beate said...

Oh Lynn, your card is gorgeous! Love the paper and colors you chose. LOVE all the stitching.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Speedystamper said...

What a wonderful card! I love the colors and the stitching is especially eye-catching. Happy Birthday, SU!! TFS!

Cassie said...

oh yeah it's cute!! i love the colors you used with this set - totally changes the look of it!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Can't believe he is 20 either! Where does the time go?

CV

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Awesome card Lynn! Love the pretty color combo and all the details. Great take on the sketch! :)