Creations by Lynn Weiss ~ Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

ENJOY ~ INSPIRE ~ CREATE ~ SHARE


Thursday, April 02, 2015

Watercolor Butterfly Basics

My Aunt had a birthday recently and when I needed to make her a card I grabbed my new go-to set...Butterfly Basics.

I created a soft watercolor background simply by brushing on some color using Classic Ink Refills- Soft Sky, Crisp Cantaloupe & Pistachio Pudding, to a dampened piece of Watercolor Paper and let the colors bleed and blend together. I used my Heat Tool to dry the paper instead of waiting and then stamped away, creating the collage look that this set is great for.

I layered Venetian Crochet Trim over the Soft Sky Seam Binding and finished it off with a pretty bow.

2 comments:

ozzycat said...

Oh, my! What a beauty this card is. I love the technique you used to watercolor. It looks like you spent hours creating the watercolor effect with this beautiful set. Thank you for sharing.

Debora Chandler said...

So very beautiful! I love your cards!